I have sores down past my tail bone from sitting on my couch on heating pad. How do I treat the sores?

Dr. Barbara Hummel
32 years experience in Family Medicine
Skin ulcers: Skin breakdown in the tail bone area can occur from pressure such as sitting for long periods and can happen faster when adding heat from a heating pad. You need to avoid the heating pad and sitting for any amount of time until these have healed. Clean the area, dry it well and use Desitin (zinc oxide diaper cream) or Butt Cream to protect the skin from more damage. See your doctor if this does not help heal the area.
Answered on Jul 4, 2014
1