found out that your spine is suppose to be straight. my lower back isn't and the nerves are pinched. could it be the cause of my sciatica?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
36 years experience Pain Management
Sciatica: can be caused by being sandwiched between two spinal bones, pressed by a bulging. It can cause muscle spasm and back pain. Prevention treatment is always recommended. This condition must be professionally managed. See interventional pain management specialist for definitive diagnosis and management. It is the same as a pinched nerve. Take care.
Answered on Jun 26, 2014
1
Dr. Qamar Khan
17 years experience Pain Management
Yes: However, we need to remember that there is never been a straight line in the body so don't get fixated on this. Sometimes when the curves of the spine increase too much they can cause discs to herniate/bulge and result in nerve pinching. See a spine specialist to determine how/why you hurt specifically and then treatment can be created for you.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016