low back pain and leg tingling?

Dr. Thomas Karelis
It depends: Tough question. Pain in lower back and tingling in the legs may or may not be related. You should see your doctor to have it evaluated, especially if this is a new symptom. If you have any changes in your bowel or bladder function, it is more of an emergency.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
See a Doc: Could be a nerve root irritation in your back. See your doctor
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Sign of herniated: Disc in the back.
Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Philip Chao commented
Radiology 38 years experience
or peripheral neuropathy and back pain. not for sure this is herniated disc. But yes see a doctor if the symptoms persist.
Nov 17, 2012
Dr. Craig Morton
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 18 years experience
Pinched Nerve: Low back pain going down the leg sounds like sciatica. This occurs when one of your lumbar spinal nerves is irritated. This can often improve on it's own, but if pain lasts greater than 2 weeks see your physician. There are many non-surgical options.