my 5month baby has dry spots on her skin it goes away a little with lotion but looks red and dry the next day.?

Dr. Alissa Zenack
Dry skin: Your baby may have a skin condition known as eczema. Commonly affected areas are the inner elbows and behind the knees. If mild, usually moisturizers are the first line treatment. If more severe, children my require a steroid cream prescribed by a physician. In some cases, eczema in a young baby may be a sign of food allergy. If daily moisturizers do not help, seek medical attention.