La Junta, CO

Is there anything u can give a two year old to help him sleep? is tylenol (acetaminophen) pm safe?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Danger: One does not give a child sleeping medication. I am going to be very frank here. But giving a child sleeping medication is extremely unwise and inappropriate. If you need some help managing the child and want some suggestions on how to train children to sleep then a good guidebook is a smart investment or discussing this with your child's pediatrician may be the next step.
Dr. Marcie Berman
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Yes- not a sleep med: Tylenol (acetaminophen) PM is safe at the recommended dose for your child. However, it should be used if he or she is sick rather than as a sleep medication. Once in a while that is not a problem. But regular use in that way will not teach your child how to calm down and get to sleep without meds. That is not what it is for. I also suspect that regular use is not safe.
Dr. Aarathi Rangachar
21 years experience
No: Sleep aids are not reccomended in children . Unless he has other neurological or developmental disorders due to which he is having sleep issues then you have to talk to your pediatrician about it.

Last updated Dec 29, 2019