Philippines

I applied veet to takeout a mustache hair. im a girl and after hours i had rash over my face. i put hydrocortisone cream is that ok? will be cured?

Dr. Holly Maes
Irritation aftr VEET: My face has similar reaction after applying chemicals for hair removal as you describe. A mild over-the-counter Hydrocortisone for a few doses is an excellent option to reduce the inflammation and "cure" the rash. I'd also try different products for hair removal in future. There are many options out there, and you can find one without irritation or just go straight to hot waxing for hair removal
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
I agree. Great answer. Use moisturizing cream to put the moisture back into the skin that has been removed with the chemicals. Good luck! Feel better.
Jun 14, 2014
Last updated Sep 28, 2016