What to do if i have been getting really dizzy?

Dr. Walter Husar
Neurology 33 years experience
Need more info: Dizziness is too vague a complaint, need more description; is it vertigo, lightheadedness, or dysequilibrium, etc.

What could cause someone to get really dizzy?

Dr. Edward Smith
Neurosurgery 54 years experience
Vague: Dizziness is not a medical term but is a common speech word for a very vague term which has many meanings. If you want help for your problem, you are going to need much more specificity in your problem's description.

My workplace is so bright. I get really dizzy. What should I do?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Tinted glasses: Until you can do something more definitive try sunglasses for yourself. If appropriate you could see about getting tinted glass to cover the light fixture. See if your employer would consider a dimmer switch. If you are overly sensitive to the light compared to your colleagues you might want an eye exam to make sure it is not something going on with the eyes www.Medac4u.Com.

Why is it that when I stand up I suddenly get really dizzy?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Orthostatic...: Usually dizziness requires a thorough history and physical - there are hundreds of things (and medications) that can cause dizziness. But when you are sitting, the blood pools in your legs. As you stand, the pressure drops and there's not enough blood going to your brain so you feel dizzy. Illness and certain medications can exacerbate this. Best thing to do is get a checkup by your doctor.

I get really dizzy in the shower. What could be causing this?

Dr. Olivia Liao
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Need more info: Need more details on your dizziness: it is lightheadedness or vertigo? How long does it last? Are there other situations that this happens. I recommend an exam that focuses on your blood pressure while sitting and then while standing.

Last updated Jul 5, 2014