do most psychiatrists believe in god?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Hard to tell: Believe in GOD is not usually based on medical science. Other factors like upbringing, beliefs and associations seem to play a more significant role
Answered on Jul 11, 2014
1
Dr. Elizabeth Coleman
38 years experience Psychiatry
In treating substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders, using a "recovery" model; belief in a "Higher Power" is a cornerstone. it is important that if you feel you relate better to those of us who disclose a belief in God, then asking this question of your psychiatrist is important for you. I welcome this as appropriate for establishing a therapeutic, medically beneficial relationship.
Jun 8, 2014
Dr. Robert Killian
28 years experience General Practice
Wrong Forum: That would be impossible to answer and inappropriate for this forum designed to help suffering humans with their medical problems. This forum is not to debate religion or to disclose such private beliefs by our physicians.
Answered on Jun 8, 2014