i have an anal fissure, now i have a rash around my rectum that is painful and itchy...please help?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Addagada Rao
55 years experience General Surgery
Anal fissures are: most common, annoying painful condition , which will take long time to heal . Drink plenty of fluid , eat high fibre diet , and avoid constipation , use stool softeners most of the time will heal with out surgery. For rash you may need local care and Rx antibiotic cream see your doctor .
Answered on Jun 5, 2014
1
Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Mark Pack answered
30 years experience General Surgery
See your doctor: With anal fissures, it is likely you have seepage of stool or liquid from the rectum that is irritation the skin, It can be very hard to keep the area clean and dry when this starts to occur. Have you seen anyone about surgery for the fissure. I would recommend you do.
Answered on Aug 16, 2014