My right temple hurts and sore to touch feels tight as well feels sore when closing my eye as well should i be worried?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jason Sample answered

Specializes in General Surgery

I cannot tell you not to worry. You may do that no matter what I say. It may be a sign of stress or something like that. You might want to make an appointment with your doctor and talk to him/her about your concerns. He/she would do a physical examination and ask you about other symptoms like: headache, fever, jaw pain, muscle aches, and others. Make an appointment to see him/her.

Answered Sep 29, 2016

4k views

Dr. A Daniel Pinheiro answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

It could be several things. The most serious would be temporal arteritis also known as giant cell arteritis. It is a very treatable condition but you should get checked out. Usually an ESR is done on blood. Severe untreated temporal arteritis can lead to blindness. You should make an appointment with your primary care provider.

Answered Sep 29, 2016

4k views