U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Macedonia (FYROM)
A 30-year-old female asked:

The lower back pain and the sciatica are making my walking and sitting difficult,i bend forward while i walk,my knees hurt too,will physical th. help?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
Sometimes: Physical therapy may help improve back pain and radiculopathy. Back surgery may be helpful in a select patients with radiculopathy. If obese weight loss may beneficial
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Hard to Say: Injections will give you pain relief early, but PT can be just as helpful but will take time to get relief. There is new research coming out that when you are in a lot of pain, you're body actually stops you from performing exercises so that you may not benefit from PT initially. So we believe that if you at least improve your pain first, you can then proceed with the exercise therapy programs.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.