Am in constant pain from a mva, massage and physio therapy not helping, hate taking narcotic pain meds, exercises help somewhat what else can i try?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Janiece Stewart answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

Depends: Depends on where you're having pain. There are different topical pain medications that can be used for muscle and joint pain. There are other natural remedies that can assist with pain as well. Acupuncture and chiropractic care have helped with some of my patients with constant pain. I would recommend a thorough exam to determine what the next best course of treatment would be for you.

Answered 6/2/2014

4k views

See a specialist: If conservative treatment isn't working, ask for a referral to a specialist. Physician anesthesiologists who specialize in pain mgmt can evaluate you and possibly recommend nerve blocks or other measures that can be very effective. Depends on the location and source of your pain. Narcotics aren't a good long-term strategy; you're right to be wary of them. Good luck!

Answered 6/2/2014

4k views