i understand that quad muscle tightness is common with spondylolisthesis. why is that?

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
Hamstring tightness: Spondylolisthesis ( slipping of a vertabra 'in front' of the vertabra below it) generally results in back pain and back spasms which can lead to compensatory 'tightness' in the hamstring muscle group( back of thigh muscles/ tendons that flex knee and span both the hip and knee joint.)'Tight' quads( though it may also be present )is not a typical of spondylolisthesis. Hope that helps! Good Luck!