United Kingdom

A couple of years ago i had a brace and the all of the top teeth moved, if i had another one how long would i have to wear it for?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Ortho relapse: Only by going to an Orthodontist (previous or new one) can you get an accurate time frame answer to your question. The time will vary depending upon your expectations and amount of relapse.
Dr. Bruce Pope
Dr. Bruce Pope commented
Dentistry 45 years experience
Teeth can be made to look straight quickly, but it takes time to move the roots so they stay put after the braces are removed
May 28, 2014
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Ortho Rx: As you have learned, it's not like putting steel posts into concrete. If you don't properly retain, teeth will relapse. "How long" will be answered once extent of your malocclusion is determined. See a fully qualifi d specialist Orthodontist for examination/imaging to determine degree of difficulty. Seek comprehensive, rather than bargain, treatment. And follow all instructions for success.