San Francisco, CA

The scab on my healing wound from a burn on my hand has some yellowish fluid oozing out today. theres no swelling or redness. is this a problem?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Burn: You have serous fluid leaking from what may be a blister from the burn Keep the wound clean and covered you can apply silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream. You can combine it with an antibiotic ointment to avoid infection
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Burn: If it is a clear yellow fluid it is ok, but if thick and cloudy it can be infected. You should show it to a doctor to be on the safe side
Last updated Sep 19, 2016