Can you tell me how to get rid of dark spots on face caused by pimples?

Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Plastic Surgery 43 years experience
Pigment &/or shadow: Pimples result in a breakdown of the skin and cause a scar. Any scar can get hyperpigmented, i.e. darker, for six months and sunscreen of spf 15 or greater helps to protect against the pigment changes. Chemical lightners help.The scar can also have a depression from the plane of the surrounding skin. When light reflects off of the scar, it appears darker & resurfacing methods help to even scar.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
Most important strategy is control of the acne.
Sep 6, 2015