what could happen if the frontal lobe of the brain was removed?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology 58 years experience
Personality change: The person would behave like a zombie if both sides removed

Is it true that a severe knock on the head cause a brain tumour?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
No: A blow to the head can cause a concussion and also may cause serious bleeding which needs treatment. Brain tumors are accidents of cell division and not a consequence of trauma to the brain.
Brunei

Hi doc, I have a question for u to help me regarding my heart. I was a smoker, I feel my heart beat run fast after I smoke & it feel so strong goes to the brain. What is happening?

Dr. Claude Parola
Smoking: Smoking is one of the risk factors for heart disease and stroke, if you have other risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes, your risk of heart disease and stroke is even higher, i would suggest you see your doctor for evealution.
Brunei

Hi doc, I was a smoker, I feel my heart beat run fast after I smoke & it feel so strong goes to the brain. What is happening?

Dr. Claude Parola
Smoking: Smoking is one of the risk factors for heart disease and stroke, if you have other risk factors such as hypertension, diabetes, your risk of heart disease and stroke is even higher, i would suggest you see your doctor for evaluation.

My brother was diagnosed with a warthin's tumor and needs surgery to remove it. What should we be concerned with in regards to this procedure?

Dr. Francine Mosley
General Practice 20 years experience
Have surgery, go on.: It's also called: papillary cystadenoma lymphomatosum, and is 8x > in smokers, occurs in men and women and in 5% - 14% or cases, warthin's tumor is bilateral. Warthin's tumor is highly unlikely to become malignant. This is not to be confused with wharton's duct, which is the name for the submandibular duct. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/warthin%27s_tumor.

I had an ultra sound done and the resukts says I have a nodule on the right lobe measuring 2.2x0.76x0.99cm and on the left lobe I have subcentimeter nodule with associated calcification that measures 0.48x0.22x0.44cm. My lab tests came out within normal r

Dr. Luis Villaplana
LUNG? LIVER?: Whereabouts are these nodules?

Last updated Nov 23, 2014