can you tell me how is insulin transported from the er to the surface of the cell?

Dr. Thomas Knecht
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Secretory vesicles: Hi. Good cell biology question! Have you studied biology? Eukaryotic cells have all sorts of vesicle traffic. Secretory cells (like beta cells that secrete insulin, liver cells, pituitary cells, pancreatic exocrine cells, and on and on) have secretory proteins (includes protein hormones) packaged into vesicles where they are stored until a signal is received to release. The vesicle fuses membrane
Answered on Jul 1, 2014