NY

What are some techniques to cope with anxiety? my parents don't want me on medication but i shake constantly and i worry about every single thing i do

Dr. Kaveh Karandish
Anxiety : One simple option is the breathing technique where you will focus on your breathing rhythm , in general avoid stressful issues , exercise daily and eat well and spend time enjoy things you like such as favorite music , lived ones , family etc ..
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Howard Gurr
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
General Anxiety: If you are medically cleared for any physical disorder, I would suggest trying some cognitive/behavioral therapy. Medication is not always necessary and you could be taught techniques to control your thinking and physical reactions. By the way, the worst thing you could be doing is panicking about the anxiety- this always makes things worse.
Dr. Lois A Freisleben-Cook
Get involved in a physical activity that you like, dance, swimming, yoga, learning a martial art. Listen to music, write, a lot of times you can write about what your fears are and they melt away. Find ways to help others, if you are a teen try to help others by volunteering as a teen advisor. Talk with adults you trust.
Nov 27, 2014
Dr. Lois A Freisleben-Cook
Anxiety can arise from a sense of chaos. Camus said: Treasure the chaos out of which order emerges Cherish the puzzlement leading to the light Deep inside this nest is the self to be found What is in me is stronger than I am. He was referring to the universal stress brought on by the feelings of chaos that are a necessary precursor to emotional growth. Embrace it and ride it out.
Nov 27, 2014
Last updated Nov 27, 2014