i've been sick (contstantly blowing my nose + a sore throat) i went on a trip out of state and now im home and i can't pop my ear, how do i fix it?

Dr. Kathleen Gilmore
Urgent Care 26 years experience
Don't blow too hard: A sensation of a plugged ear or fullness accompanying nasal congestion with a cold is common. The virus inflames the nasal lining causing dripping and/or congestion this lining is in continuity with the lining of the back of the mouth and throat (sore throat) the Eustachian tube arises from the upper throat. This tube helps us to equalize pressure in the middle ear. Swallow to notice it.

Last updated May 19, 2014