Liberal, KS
A 27-year-old female asked about a female:

my daughter got hit in the mouth at school causing a fat lip. inside of lip shows teeth makes (white puss looking) is that normal?

Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Specializes in Dentistry
See your dentist ;): Sorry to hear that happened. The healing process may involve tissue that is yellow or white in color, and it could be normal. It's important to have your daughter see a dentist as soon as possible after the injury to have her lips and teeth evaluated to screen for any long-term issues as well as start her on antibiotics if necessary. Usually this is a quick visit.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Yes: Should be OK. Keep mouth clean and soft tissues should heal. Lease make appt w Dentist to make sure teeth and surrounding bone has not been damaged.
Dr. Marjorie Alpert
Yes: If there is a cut inside the mouth, when the skin heals, the scab will be white and wet. I would worry about infection if there is fever or increase in pain or swelling. Otherwise, it is important to keep the area clean. Try irrigating it with a syringe and warm water every day.
Dr. Scott Terry
Dentistry 29 years experience
This sounds normal: When the skin of the mouth has been broken and is healing, a white color is very common. Warm salt water rinses can help clean the wound and speed the healing.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
It is normal: The soft tissues of the lips swell easily when injured. The healing time for a lip injury will depend on how badly it is. Be patient.