U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

Stroke? mumbling and loss of words help!?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gary Kilgo
Specializes in Neurology
Go to ER: If you are having any symptoms of stroke, go to the hospital immediately. Call an ambulance. Do not try to drive yourself. If there is a hospital with a acute stroke program nearby then go to it. If your symptoms have resolved you should still go. Transient ischemic attacks can be followed by stroke. Take your symptoms seriously!
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery 28 years experience
Possibly: Could be stroke, seizure, tumor, or other abnormality. You should get some immediate attention and evaluation.

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
How could a stroke/seizure cause some loss of memory?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
What is a good recovery after stroke loss of speech and orientation/memory?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
What can I do if my father had a sudden memory loss. Is this sign of a stroke?
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old female asked:
Is mild sensory loss and left leg drift before 5 seconds indicative of a mini stroke?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 11, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.