United Kingdom

i have collagen problem&my toes go purple+blood takes a long time to return.i take nifedipine 5mg every 12 hours.my toes still go cold+blue. what now?

Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Podiatry 13 years experience
Keep warm: With collagen vascular issues, toes tend to discolor frequently and capillary refill time is typically delayed. Its important to keep warm socks on as well as a warming blanket over the feet when resting/sleeping. Natural castor oil can be massaged into the digits for increased circulation. Nifedipine also comes in a lotion formulary to do the same.