having difficulty reading. 7 years old?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Eye examination: A seven year old should be able to keep up with his/her peers in school. Vision might be a problem and a visit to your friendly pediatric ophthalmologist would be in order. There are other reasons for slower progress in reading, but the eye doctor is a good first step. Also how do you know reading is difficult in this child? Did the teacher, or school nurse make this observation?
Dr. Dean Giannone
Glasses?: A seven-year-old who has trouble reading might just need glasses. Get him/her evaluated by a good eye doctor.
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Also may want to consider an evaluation for dyslexia.
Nov 11, 2014