someone told me of this thing called fatty liver. i think i am overweightto know if everybody who is overweight or obese including children have fatty liver?

Dr. Marc Neff
Specializes in General Surgery
Obesity fatty liver: About 2/3's of our society is overweight or obese. In recent years, we have begun to understand the changes in our organs that result from obesity. The changes that occur in the liver, are called "fatty liver." these changes are progressive and can lead to permanent scarring and eventual liver failure. It is often first identified by abnormal liver function tests (alt/ast) in obese patients.