what do you advise if i had a breast reduction and tomorrow i get the stitches out! has anybody had the procedure and can tell me what to expect?

Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 23 years experience
Speak to your doctor: I recommend you speak with your doctor when you see him/her. Most breast reductions are performed with sutures that are beneath the skin and do not need to be removed because they dissolve. You can also take pain medication prior to your appointment--do not drive to your appointment if it is a prescription strength pain medication.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Depends…: Much of your breast reduction surgery experience will depend on your plastic surgeon; every practitioner has a different “protocol”. For example, many plastic surgeons do not use sutures that need to be removed. Best to discuss your questions/concerns directly with your carefully chosen plastic surgeon. Best wishes.