U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 45-year-old member asked:

What can i do for urinary stress incontinence?

3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Scott Beard
Urogynecology 26 years experience
A sling is the best: Out there. You can try kegel exercises, but eventually they will not work for you - usually. Weight loss can help too.
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
Start with exercises: Review your diet. Caffeine can exacerbate urine loss. Make sure you are emptying your bladder every hour or two. Try kegel exercises. Have your doctor or a pelvic floor phyiscal therapist make sure you are doing them correctly. Then, consider renessa, an office procedure which remodels the collagen. More invasive procedures may be necessary, but many patients do well with noninvasive options.
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology 24 years experience
Consult doctor: Consult a urologist or urogynecologist for treatment options Also check out www.voicesforpfd.org. Options include kegel exercises, wearing a tampon ( change frequently), InTone device, pessary, urethral plugs, urethral bulking, urethral radiofrequency treatments, slings....

Related questions

A 40-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 13, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.