i am doing novolog 2xday 40 units and a pill once i eat small meals except at night i tend to eat more my sugar results have been 400 &^, what wrong?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Andrea Brand
Specializes in Family Medicine
Long acting insulin: If your blood sugars are in the 400's you need long acting insulin. Please talk to your doctor about the different types of insulin.
Answered on Apr 29, 2014
1
Dr. Natalie Sieb
Sugar Log: When are you taking your blood glucose? When are you getting the 400 readings- is this before or after eating? It's possible that you may need a sliding scale for extra Insulin if you are eating more at a certain time of day. Or you may need to increase your second dose of the NovoLog which i assume you take later in the day? Keep a sugar log and discuss with your doctor.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014