U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Garnett, KS
A 21-year-old female asked about a 26-year-old male:

I hav lump under skin on my chest. it isnt like a pimple or anything. its under skin. its hard and sore. what could it b.. could it b like a tumor?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
Depends on the size: You can watch this nodule/lump for a few weeks and check if it is growing in size or remaining unchanged. If it is less than one cm in size, you can watch it for changes over the near term. If it is bigger than one cm or if it is growing/increasing in size then you need to consult your doctor and let him/her examine you and give you further advice.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 5, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.