Saint Louis, MO

I went for a beta hcg when i was 4 weeks 4 days and my level was 128. is that low is it still possible to have a normal pregnancy?

Dr. William Jurewitz
Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
HCG: That seems very low for a normal pregnancy, but you can't tell much from one measurement. Normally you would get two more tests, each 2-3 days apart to determine whether your pregnancy is ok. The HCG level should about double every 2 days. If it doesn't, it is a miscarriage. There would be nothing you could do to change this or improve it unfortunately.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 5, 2017