Sore and itchy throat, one of my inner ear canal hurting and itching, sneezing, coughing, and watery eyes.

Dr. Natalie Sieb
13 years experience in Family Medicine
Allergies vs Cold: It sounds like you could have one of two things going on- a cold or allergies. Your symptoms are consistent with seasonal allergies, hitting you all at once, which is no fun. You might try an over the counter med like claritin, (loratadine) zyrtec, or Allegra to see if this helps. You may also need prescription medications to help control your symptoms. If it continues past 1-2 weeks, see your doctor.
Answered on Mar 7, 2018
1
3
Dr. Duane Gels
Dr. Duane Gels commented
36 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
The eustachian tubes that drain the middle ears empty out to the back of the throat on both sides - so when cold or allergies hit your throat, you FEEL it in you ears.
Jul 2, 2015