United Kingdom
A 32-year-old female asked about a male:

Aspergers syndrome. i feel my son is showing many signs of this condition. how do i go about getting a diagnosis (we are in uk).

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Please start: W/family doctor who may refer you to a clinical psychologist or neurologist. If that is indeed the case search around for programs that work with folks w/aspergers. Early intervention can be very helpful. Great plains laboratory in us but works world wide may be helpful w/info and testing. They very best to you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
What are the tell tale signs of aspergers syndrome?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 28-year-old member asked:
How do I recognize correctly the signs of aspergers syndrome for a child?
5 doctor answers13 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
How can I live a good life with aspergers syndrome before symptoms get severe?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 35-year-old member asked:
How difficult is it for someone who has aspergers syndrome to get a job with responsibility?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
How to get rid of fear about tv, a/c , etc from my 7 year old aspergers son?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 26, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.