IN

I had gb surgery 2 weeks ago and now my incision scars are bumpy and one of them hurts. its not red or inflamed. what could be the cause?

Dr. Mark Kuhnke
General Surgery 41 years experience
Pretty normal: Your trochar sites are sites of trauma. Your eighteen so you have a dynamite immune system. You are feeling soreness due to inflammation as these wounds continue to heal. The bump is due to scarring and , probably, just a little bit of blood at the wound sites. Take aspirin/naproxen/ibuprofen for soreness, and you can use a heating pad as well. This will pass. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 20, 2014