My gums are kinda numb. it is 2.5% lidocaine and 2.5% prilocaine do i need to put more on my teeth?

Dr. John Calvert
Dentistry 36 years experience
Find out why: Its not a normal condition for your gums to be numb. I'm not sure about the question regarding the lidocaine. If you are having some kind of tooth pain and trying to place Lidocaine on the teeth to treat pain, i suggest you get to a dentist right away to diagnose the real problem and suggest the proper treatment. Numbing a painful area in your mouth is only treating the symptoms. I hope that helps.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Topicals: Other than for some temporary relief of abrasions or certain sores in your mouth, topical anesthetics will not cure or resolve the cause of the problem which needs to be addressed by a dentist. See a dentist to determine the problem and the best way to treat it.