Grease burn blister, he wants to bust it, what to do?

Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 45 years experience
Keep it clean: My recommendation is to always remove blisters. This will allow any topical medication to reach the actual wound. Also, the presence of a blister denotes a partial thickness injury. If the blister becomes infected, this can rapidly progress to a full-thickness wound. Removing the blister eliminates this possibility, allows direct inspection of the wound.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 30 years experience
I believe that because blisters are sterile, it is better if you don't remove them. They prevent infection. See doctor to get prescription silvadene
Jul 16, 2014