U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

After 5 years of taking tenoretic (atenolol and chlorthalidone) for high blood pressure, i want to stop. is there an alternative natural remedy?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Burley
Specializes in Internal Medicine - Cardiology
Possibly: If you are already at an ideal body weight, eat a healthy diet including limiting alcohol intake and exercise regularly you may have done most of what can be done naturally. As to non-drug remedies beyond these measures, I have to admit ignorance. Consultig with your personal caregiver may be helpful. Even if the above measures don't achieve a normal blood pressure they are good for us anyway!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 14, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.