Canada

Ultrasound says my fetus is 6 weeks 2 days but my gestational sac is 7 weeks 2 days. heartbeat is normal. is everything ok?

Dr. Erinn Huffman
Obstetrics & Gynecology 12 years experience
Most likely: The most accurate measurement of the fetus is the crown rump length. The gestational sac is like a fluid filled balloon, not a perfect sphere. So the measurement of the sac can vary quite a bit depending on what part was measured. If there is already a fetal heart beat, that is a great sign. Keep your follow up appointments with your OB doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017