Oakland Gardens, NY

Is it normal to have bad diarrhea after a hida scan? they gave me an injection and a thick liquid?

Dr. Philip Miller
Possible-get checked: May be a reaction to contrat dye. Call the imaging center that pwerformed the scan/.
Dr. Erica Cohen
Nuclear Medicine 11 years experience
Probably unrelated: The injection you received should not cause any side effects. I am not sure exactly what liquid you had, but it was most likely something high in fat concentration (ex: half-and-half creamer) to stimulate the gallbladder. If you are sensitive to fatty/milk-based foods, this is the most likely explanation.

Last updated Nov 10, 2020