Canada

I quit smoking 6 months ago with the use of nicorette (nicotine gum). i've been off the nicorette (nicotine gum) for 3 wks. why does my tongue burn and my teeth are very sensitive?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 34 years experience
Don't know: Not enough information to answer your question but i can tell you with certainty that you should not blame the symptoms on smoking cessation and are encouraged to continue that very good effort to get off of those things. By the way, i believe you stopped smoking because you wanted to not because of nicorette (nicotine gum).
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Oral symptoms: Probably not related to your smoking cessation (Congrats!). You may have developed a dependance on the nicotine in nicolette gum, and are now going through limited withdrawal symptoms. Please see your Dentist, a specialist Oral Pathologist, or an ENT if the symptoms do not gradually taper off.
Last updated Sep 22, 2019