Goose Creek, South Carolina

My doc seems to think with sciatica that it is my lumbar also sine i peed on myself 2 times the pain is getting worse what can i do?

Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
Incontinence: Urinary incontinence can be because of pressure on your nerves in the lower back because of herniated disc , but you can also have stress incontinence when just increased intra abdominal pressure due to coughing or lifting will cause you to leak urine. Please talk to your doctor if he thinks MRI scan is indicated here to evaluate your lumbar disc or EMG is needed or other test. Good luc k.
Dr. Robert Milam
Orthopedic Surgery 24 years experience
Cauda equina syndrom: Peeing on yourself can be a sign of cauda equina syndrome. It is an emergency situation. You should be evaluated by an emergency room and/or spine surgeon immediately. You may not have this problem but impossible to know without being seen and examined by a doctor.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Pinched Nerve: Sounds like you have a pinched nerve in your back. I would suggest seeing a pain/spine specialist to evaluate you further to evaluate what level and what can be done to treat you. There are interventional treatments besides medications and surgeries that might reduce or eliminate the pain altogether.

Last updated Apr 24, 2015