i have severe guilt when i eat, don't know what to do. please help?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology 45 years experience
Guilt: Your guilt regarding food needs to be understood as it appears you have conditioned yourself to be extremely critical of your self and your relationship to food. Ask for a referral to an eating disorder specialist who can help you develop a more balanced attitude toward food and toward yourself. Best.
Clearly this is a: problem that needs to be addressed. Do you restrict your eating? over-exercise? Use laxatives or diuretics to control weight? Diet pills? Unhappy with your body? Would encourage you to see a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. Depending on if you engage in unhealthy eating behaviors - you may need medical workup and eval by other professionals as well. Take care.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
Guilt/shame: Shame/guilt is just about the darkest emotion people can face. It presupposes that there's an audience to our alleged wrongdoings, and that devastating judgement will be passed. Something to remember is that everyone has something they feel ashamed about; it's inescapable. Find a reputable psychotherapist to speak with. Getting it off one's chest in a safe, nonjudgmental place is the first step.