Wheeling, IL

I woke this morning with a mucus nasal plug in the back of my throat. i could feel it building for days. us this something that i need to worry about?

Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai
Allergy and Immunology 14 years experience
Post nasal drip: Post nasal drip is usually coming from rhino-sinus diseases. In the us, allergies is the most common etiology. Discuss with your doctor if it bothers you or it starts to cause frequent flu / cold like symptoms or sinusitis.
Dr. Victor Bonuel
I won't worry about: It. Taking Robitussin-DM may help liquefy the phlegm. Try blowing ur nose gently and spit up the phlegm. Taking cough drops and taking vitamin c and using nasal saline solution may also help. Take care!

Last updated Oct 24, 2017