i had a beer yesterday evening with dinner, which means if i get the blood test it will have been a day and a half. will any alcohol show up on my test?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Depends on the test: Blood testing is actually not the best way to look for drugs, because most are short-acting and the amount of drug in blood is very tiny. Urine is the best body fluid, and saliva is increasingly being used as well. Hair and nail testing will detect some drugs for months. Newer alcohol tests (EtG, EtS, PeTH) can detect alcohol use for several days, if they are using those tests.