U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

I pipped an acne 9 months ago, the dermato gave me bnzamycin now the acne scar :the hole is smaller but the redness persist! will the redness go away?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery 35 years experience
It should: See your dermatologist if it has not resolved and may still be inflamed for possible further medical therapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ellen Turner
Dermatology 22 years experience
It appears to have possibly keloided, which is a raised scar which extends beyond the borders of the original trauma that caused it. Definitely see a dermatologist in order to possibly receive an injection of steroid into the keloid in order to flatten it and fade the intense coloration.
Apr 4, 2014
Dr. Ryan Phasouk
Family Medicine 20 years experience
I agree, a dermatologist is a perfect person to speak with in regards to color imperfections of the skin. They may use some special creams or scrubs, that will even out skin tones. All the best!
Apr 4, 2014
Last updated Apr 4, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.