im the 55 yr old female with the diastasis, and hernias..these hernias are in my stomach, sorry but not hiatal..that is how i found out about the diasts?

Dr. Danielle Dietz
20 years experience General Surgery
Hernia vs diastasis: The abdominal wall is built like a layer cake, with skin, fat, muscle and a tough lining called fascia. A hernia is a hole or weakness in the muscle and fascia. A diastasis is different. All the layers are ok, but the muscle doesn't come together in the middle. Most people don't need to have a diastasis repaired and they're not dangerous because there's no hole for things to get stuck in.
Answered on Apr 5, 2014