Bethlehem, PA

when your at the dentist and they give you anaesthesia if some drips out of the needle and you swallow it will your throat go numb?

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
Mostly a bad taste: Local anesthesia most likely will leave a very bad taste in your mouth, if a few drops are released in your oral cavity. Other than the bad taste, there will be no permanent harm. Any residual numbness you might feel in the back of your throat is probably a result of topical anesthesia placed at the injection site. That may leave a temporary numbness in your throat, but again it harmless.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
Not a Concern: Although this is theoretically possible, I have never seen or heard of this actually happening in my 43 years of practice.