Franklin, NJ

I've heard you shouldn't take a multivitamin and dose of adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) at the same time. how long should i wait after taking multi to take adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Where have heard?: I am not aware of any problems taking a multivitamin and Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) together. The only thing i can think of is if the vitamin c dose is high, it may make for a more acidic environment and so affect drug absorption. But i found no studies suggesting this actually happens.
Pathology 44 years experience
Myth: There's talk of huge doses of vitamin c, an acid, making it harder to absorb alkaline medications. I'm not aware of any other reason to be concerned.

Last updated Oct 2, 2017