what is iron deficiency anemia and can i correct it by changing my diet?

Dr. Maritza Baez
Too little iron: When your body doesn't have enough iron, you have iron deficiency anemia. Sources of iron - egg yolks, molasses, raisin bran, raisins, prunes, dried apricots, figs, kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans, lentils, split green peas, enriched cereals, enriched macaroni, spinach, greens, broccoli, lima beans, avocado. Cook in a cast iron pan.
Dr. Martin Rubenstein
Hematology and Oncology 45 years experience
Low red blood count: Iron deficiency is the most common cause of anemia in the world. It almost always is caused by bleeding. It is very common in menstruating women and in pregnancy. Since it is a deficiency, it is corrected by ingesting iron, either iron rich foods (especially red meats) or an iron supplement. The most important aspect in evaluating iron deficiency is not the treatment, but finding the cause.