India
A 29-year-old female asked about a female:

how much alcohol consumption is safe in a day?if vitamin b12 levels below normal in a social drinker, how to correct , what regime to follow?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Only an Alcoholic: Only an alcoholic would ask that question. In reality alcohol is a poison. It is toxic to the liver and the brain. Many people, given their level of health, can tolerate moderate drinking with enough time to recover between doses of this drug. But, anyone having physical consequences due to their drinking probably should consider getting sober and staying sober.
Pathology 44 years experience
Find the cause: One number that's held up is 5 or more alcoholic drinks on any one day more than once a week means you're heading for loss of control. The cause of the vitamin B12 deficiency needs to be found. If you're a vegetarian, consider giving it up or supplementing. If your diet is okay or you supplement, an investigation for pernicious anemia ; other causes will be undertaken by your physician.