Wbc 4.24, RBC 3.77, hb 11.0, hct 32.5, MCV 90, MCH 29, mchc 32.5, RDW 14.4, PLT 255, mpv 10.6. Am i anemic? Other bloodwork normal except low alk phos

Dr. Liawaty Ho
22 years experience in Hematology and Oncology
Very mild anemia: It will depend on the normal range of hb used at your laboratory where you have the test done. At my lab- the normal range used is between 12-15, so hb of 11 is only mildly anemic. It is nothing to worry much about however. In young woman like yourself- with your monthly period, you lose some iron in every cycle. This can cause mild anemia. Check your iron and take multi vitamin. D/w your md.
Answered on Mar 26, 2014
1